1. I am anxiously waiting for my friends to arrive for our Friday Night Book Club. The book we’ll be discussing is Victims by Jonathan Kellerman. Afterwards we decided to read something more light-hearted for our April meeting. So we will be reading The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan.
2. Yesterday evening was Eucharistic Devotion which ended with the dedication of a Rosary made from the funeral roses of our beloved Father Keane. The rosary now hangs on the hand of the stunning statue of the Blessed Mother. I am using an image I have shown before. I neglected to take my camera last night so I will update Mary’s image with the new rosary as soon as I can.
3. A book I ordered on Tuesday from Amazon arrived just a few minutes ago. It is entitled Surviving the Angel of Death: the Story of a Mengele Twin in Auschwitz by Eva Kor.
I saw a live stream of Eva on a university’s site. I had already read a different book by another Holocaust survivor. It was called Sevek and the Holocaust: The Boy Who Refused to Die by Sidney Finkel. You can read about his presentation at a nearby school on my old blog-Scrappy Grams. That post can be found here. I lost my Scrappy Grams’ dashboard so that I could no longer write on that blog. It saddened me, but as you can see, I’ve moved on.
4. I am still wrestling with the idea of having only one blog. I started Faith in a Bottle to share my faith with others, but I see many whom I admire write all their posts, spiritual and otherwise on one blog. Then I think, “Do I just dump one or do I create another new one?” hmm…
5. I saw on Facebook that my newly engaged granddaughter is going to use Ball jars in some way for her wedding reception. I wonder…