Random 5 Friday
February 28, 2014
1. I am grateful for the successful gall bladder surgery
on my daughter this past Tuesday.
2. I am proud of my granddaughter who showed such thoughtfulness
in providing these services for her mother- she (and her sister)
cleaned her home; Charley also cooked meals to be served in the days
following her hospital release, and
provided transportation to and from the hospital.
3. I welcome the sunshine and its ability to bring cheer
to my psyche in spite of the frigid temperatures
keeping me inside except for only the most necessary outings.
4. I have started Jonathan Keller’s book Victims on my Kindle.
One of my friends also received the same book,
so we’re reading it for our March book club meeting.
5. I am sifting through my spiritual needs
in order to choose
what I will do for my Lenten sacrifice.
One of the devotionals I will use is Lent with the Saints.
I also ordered
The Ignatius Workout for Lent: 40 Days of Prayer, Reflection & Action,
but it has not been shipped yet.
So I am wondering if it will arrive
in time for the beginning of Lent.
Here's hoping it does!
at Nancy Claeys'
A Rural Journal