Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Bits and Pieces of Day One of the New Year, 2014

Wednesday, January 1, 2014
After I ventured out today, 
I made shopping stops at Dollar General 
to buy items that cost lower here than anywhere else, 
then Lowe’s for potting soil and sunflower seeds for the birds, 
lastly Walmart for a few groceries and nonfood items.
At home, I put things away
 and potted the cedar ‘tree’ gifted to me from Lowe’s.  
(The tree was the reason for the potting soil purchase.)  
Next, I cut an apple for my lunch.
Lastly, I tended to banking, 
read some blogs, then sat down for some serious chillin’!
My bit of gratitude: 
I’m grateful for all those ladies 
in Bible Study and Women at the Well 
who contribute to my spiritual welfare.
Thank you, ladies.  
May the new year shower blessings on you and your families! 
This image is a greeting card which I scanned,
then added text.


3 comments:

  1. sounds like a perfect day
    Happy New Year Noma

    ReplyDelete
  2. a blessed New Year to you Nonnie - may we always have the courage to allow the new into our lives and to allow change to take place. Thankyou for my Christmas card - it arrived the day before New Year, so it was a two-fold message of love! This is our annual hiatus here - the schools close for two months and many businsses close, so the mail is very slow! love to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, Hetienne! I'm grateful that the card arrived while it is still with the 12 days of Christmas. Here in Indiana, students have two weeks of winter break, have to be politically correct, you know.

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your comments.