Tuesday, January 29, 2013

St. Lawrence Church Revisited

Yesterday's post was about our bishop's visit to Muncie.  I could not leave my former parish church without taking pictures of its grand and beautiful interior.  Voila!



side altar with baptismal font in front

 s
Saint Lawrence for whom the church is named

 

before Mass, when people were getting settled 

choir loft which holds the pipe organ
The St. Lawrence school choir, who sang from here, was in beautiful voice yesterday.
The explanation why we Catholics
light prayer candles in church can be found here.


close-up of the Sorrowful Mother Mary
at the foot of the cross on which Jesus hung 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think so. My momma, my four children and I were baptized here.

      Delete

Bless you for your comments.